Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Mercy my Lord - A prayer #AtoZChallenge





Inhuman are we,
Insensate, ruthless and vicious
Mercy my lord

We defend rape
A naked woman lying on the street
Intestines lying in a lump outside
Mercy my Lord!

We propagate honor killing
Stone pelting and hanging the lovers
Insane
Mercy my lord!

We witness brutal murders – jealousy, road rage, anger
Mum we be, forget it in the next moment
He was a father, a brother, a son, a lover
Mercy my Lord!!

Terrorist attacks
Disrespecting religion, disrespecting motherland
Innocent children, loving mothers, doting fathers, all killed
Mercy my Lord!

Hate politics, bribes, scandals,
All for power and money
Ashes on the funeral pyre
Mercy my Lord!

Cruelty to animals, cruelty to human beings
Atrocity for disabled, old and poor
Mock and jeer
Mercy my Lord!






This post is written as the thirteenth in the series of A-to-Z challenge and a part of #1000speak
My theme is "Compassion" and today's thought is based on
"Mercy"




No comments:

Post a Comment


Thanks for dropping by. Take a minute to pen your thoughts..